The Venancourt family acquired the vineyard in 1835. Count Eugene gave it his name. A century later the vineyard was abandoned. It was under the direction of Dr. Jacques Pelge in 1998 that the Michel Gonet family replanted the estate.
Today, 10 hectares located in the heart of Martillac, the vineyard thrives between the village church and the Martillac Tower.
The 10 ha of vines, planted in 1998, are composed of Merlot (70%), Cabernet Sauvignon (25%) and Petit Verdot (5%) on clay-limestone soils which form rumps, benefiting from an excellent exposure and natural drainage.